Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 November 2015

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 8




She started by apologizing. She begged for my forgiveness. She mourned and cried. She got up from the bed, and  fell on her knees. She was gallivanting on the floor. She wasn’t ready to let me go until I forgive her. She drew the attention of others to the ward. I sat there speechless. She gave me no other option than to forgive her. But I asked her to explain why she did that to me. I had forgiven her, but I was still hurt. Maybe her explanation would heal me.

I sat down. She sat on her bed. She took a handkerchief under her pillow and wiped her tears. She was still sobbing quietly. I sat there helplessly looking at her. I thought I should do something to stop her from crying. I got up from my seat, and hugged her. She wrapped her arms around me. It was so tight that I could feel her breast thrusting  into my heart. I wished she would never let me go but the nurse entered the hall with a doctor. The doctor was going round to check on his patients. 

“I can see you guys are having a lot of fun here”, the doctor said with some weird laughter. I was so ashamed that the nurse and the doctor pounced on us, but I was happy too. At least I had for the first time hugged the girl of my dream. Lucy freed me and I went straight to my bed. I laid on my bed, and waited for the doctor and the nurse. I wished they would never come to my bed. Finally they got there. The doctor went through his regular checks on me and told me my health status was okay, so I would be discharged before that evening. I got sad that I would be leaving my dream girl there. I got worried that she couldn’t narrate the whole story to me. I thought that maybe when the doctor and the nurse leave the ward, I could go back and complete my unfinished business. 

Just when they left, Lucy’s mum entered. She had gone home to prepare food for Lucy. It was “light” soup rice. It was in a big bowl. Her mum brought me some of the soup. I sat on my bed and started enjoying the soup. Soon after I had finished , my mum came and told me I had been discharged so I  should get prepared to go home. I didn’t like it a bit. I wanted to stay there one more night. I wanted to get another opportunity with Lucy. I wanted to get intimate with her. But here I was  packing to go home. It pained me a lot, but I had no choice than to follow my mum home. Before I left the hospital, I went to bid Lucy goodbye and wished her speedy recovery. 
" I will visit you tomorrow morning, okay." I said
"Oh I see. so you don't want me to also leave this hospital? You want me to be here so that you can attend school alone, is that not it?" she replied
"Oh no, don't get me wrong. I want you to get well soon so that you can join us in school, and maybe study together with your JK." I added.
Her mum turned and looked at me. I could see from her face that she wanted to ask me who JK was. I knew that would prolong my stay there, and  my mum was already outside waiting for me. So I left them there.

I joined my mum outside and we stood by the roadside waiting for a taxi. I couldn't stand the heat from the scorching sun, so I went to take a shade under a mango tree. While I was standing there, I saw someone approaching. He looked like a familiar person. With his protruding forehead, I knew definitely that it was JK, that ugly wicked boy who nearly caused my untimely death. I decided to wait for him, and give him a piece of my mind. I was even ready to give him a dirty slap that will awaken his senses. I grew furious as he approached. My temperature was rising. I had already clenched a fist. I was so ready for him. He saw me standing under the mango tree. He had the guts to approach me. On top of it all, he was smiling. 

This guy has not even an iota of shame in his blood. I thought he would approach me  prostrating on the floor, shedding tears and begging me for his wretched life. But he did neither of that. That got me so pissed. I wanted to punch him very hard on the face. He came to stand before me. He was so close to me now. I could even hear him  breathe. I found that as a good opportunity to punch him. I  gathered the little strength I had in me and punched him.  He landed so hard on his butt. I felt I should give him another one that would send him straight to his grave,  but someone got hold of my hand from my back. I turned to look at JK's "saviour." It was her, Lucy. 

#to_be_continued 



No comments:

Post a Comment