Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 November 2015

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 18


Even before she could speak, my heart was palpitating. I told myself to remain calm. I knew she saw that fright written all over my face. She asked whether everything was okay with me, and I responded I was alright. She started talking and I sat there quietly listening to every word with rapt attention. "KD, I know you are a good boy that's why I'm telling you this. But before I begin, know that what I'm telling you should remain right here in the hall. Have you seen Lucy?" she asked me.
"No mum" I replied her.
"Something happened to her yesterday that ... " she added. Before she could complete her sentence, her mobile phone rung. She excused me and went out to receive the call.

By that time, I was feeling uneasy. How could this woman put me through such suspense? I was sweating profusely within that short period that she went out. So this woman knew about Lucy and me? Was she the one who sent those guys to come and beat me up? What else does she want from me? Well, I was very sure she wasn't satisfied so she wanted to finish me in her house. I became more frightened. I was shaking. While I was still contemplating on those avalanche of questions tormenting my mind, she entered the room.

"Sorry once again. I have to rush to Accra right now, so let me make it snappy so that I can go. I have heard Lucy is now dating a boy in your class. I want you to find out who that boy is. I heard Lucy was with that boy last night somewhere in the dark. I sent my boys to go and bring them both, but they told me the boy ran away when he saw them. I was very furious they couldn't get the boy, so I have put my boys and Lucy under "house arrest." Until I find that boy, I won't set any of them free. I trust you and know that you can do this job for me. Find out who that boy is, and I'll reward you handsomely. " After her long speech, I became more restless. I looked at her with a wide frightened eyes. I knew by then that I was sitting with the devil under one roof. I sought permission from her that I wanted to take my leave.

Before I left her, I thanked her and assured her that I would do my best to fish for the boy Lucy was dating. She offered me money but I declined respectively. When I finally got out of the house, I heaved a sigh of relief. I knew right then that I had been to hell and returned safely without being burnt.
I knew I had gone out of the house safely, but not out of trouble yet. I had to plan. Lucy's mum is searching for the boy dating her daughter, but she didn't know it was me. She didn't know the "wanted" boy was sitting right under her nose.

I got home so exhausted. I wanted to rest for a while but I couldn't, because as soon as I entered my room, someone knocked at the door. I went and opened the door, and guess who was there? That boy. That boy who will never get off my back. JK. He was the least of the people I was expecting to meet at my house.
"Why are you here?" I asked him. "Won't you let me in?" he asked.
"No, whatever it is you came to tell me, say it hear, and oh, be fast because I have something more important doing inside, " I added.
" Oh, really? I knew you to be a rascal but I never knew you have also mastered in being rude to visitors in your house, " he said.
I could tolerate many things, but not when I was being called names in my house. I pushed him to go away from my house. As I was pushing him away, an envelope fell from his pocket but he didn't see it fall. I picked up the envelope after he had left, but was so furious to open it.

#to_be_continued


No comments:

Post a Comment