Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 November 2015

The girl I never had Pt 22


Everyone was quiet. They couldn't believe JK stole someone's purse. The teacher was a bit shocked too. And JK? He was screaming on top of his voice, denying that he took the purse. I felt sorry for him, but when I thought of how he spread falsehood about me and which eventually landed me on a hospital bed, I stopped having pity on him. He deserved everything. In fact, that was just a tip of the iceberg. I'll unleash more fire on him. He would have to come and beg me, before he could have his peace.

While he was still screaming and saying vehemently that he didn't take it, the teacher got hold of his shorts and dragged him straight to the headmaster's office. I looked at the faces of my partners in crime, and what I saw was a relief. I had not fully recovered from the shock I had in class that morning during the inspection. I was still wondering who took the purse under my desk and placed it in JK's bag. I wanted to ask my friends which of them did that, but I thought the classroom wasn't a suitable place to discuss such a topic, so I held my peace. I remained calm and waited for the bell to go.

When we went out for the first break, I decided to ask my friends, which one of them went and put the purse into JK's bag. Before I could open my mouth, Frank asked me how I was able to slip the purse into JK's bag. I told him I didn't do it. He didn't believe me. MA and EK also didn't believe that I was not the one who did it. "Come on guys, so you mean none of you took the purse under my desk, and slipped it into JK's bag?" I asked them. They all told me emphatically that they didn't do it. I believed them. Then who did it? While we were standing there, trying to figure out who did it, the bell went. It was break over.

We went to the classroom and promised ourselves that no one would talk about what we've done to anyone. JK had not still returned from the headmaster's office. What was happening to him? Was he receiving some dirty lashes at his back? Was he crying? Was he still denying the fact that he actually stole someone's purse? Has he finally conceded? I wish I was in the headmaster's office to see every little detail of what was going on. The news of JK stealing a girl's purse spread to other classes. Soon, it was all over the school. It was then that I realized how super fast bad news can run. Most of the teachers had gone to the headmaster's office, so even when the break was over, we didn't have any teacher in our class.

The topic we discussed in our class was "JK and the stolen purse." I loved every bit of the discussion. While some students were defending JK, others were seriously accusing him of actually stealing the girl's purse. It was then that I realized the true nature of man. One gets to know his true friends in times of trouble. One girl went as far as saying that she saw JK stealing the purse. While we were enjoying the discussion, the senior boys' prefect entered our classroom. Everyone kept mute and waited anxiously to hear what he had to tell us. He pointed at me, and asked me to follow him to the headmaster's office. "Oh not again," I said to myself, "what could be the problem again? I hope that guy hasn't mentioned my name to them as his accomplice. Or could it be that person who transferred the purse from my desk to JK's bag? What about him? Who could that person be?" we got to the headmaster's office, knocked at the door and we entered. JK was on his knees crying, with his hands raised up. His eyes, so red.
#to_be_continued


No comments:

Post a Comment