Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 November 2015

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 14


"Don't wait for the perfect moment. Take the moment and make it perfect." There could be no other better time and place to propose my undying love for Lucy than what I got. I asked her to stop walking and wait for me, for I had something special to tell her. Girls like special things, and so was Lucy. I would have found it difficult to tell her if it was in the morning or afternoon or in the evening when we have light. I took advantage of the darkness to make my proposal. Although it was dark, you could see if you strain your eyes.

She stood there. I got closer to her. I wanted to get down on one knee but I stopped. That was too formal. I thought I should start by telling her something. Something that would break all her defensive mechanisms. So I got hold of her left arm and started talking ; "You know what, Lucy? The very first day you entered the classroom and I saw you, I froze. My mind refused to work for some micro seconds. I couldn't fathom that a beautiful damsel like you existed in our part of the world. I thought I was day dreaming. I thought what I was seeing was just a figment of my imagination. Your skin, so smooth. Your eyes, so charming. Your shape, so curvy. I knew we are meant for each other, because my heart beat faster any time I see you and think about you."

By that time, I could hear her sobbing. I knew right then that I was winning the battle. I knew that I was breaking her hardened heart into smaller pieces. I decided to "punch"  her harder with my words. "Do you remember that early morning when you greeted me  "good morning" and I responded "good afternoon"? It wasn't because I didn't know the time, but I was way ahead of time, seeking for the key to unlock your heart. You are such a precious jewelry. Gold, diamond or silver can't be valuable than you. Your love has pinned me down. Your love has imprisoned me. I don't have any freedom now. I'm dying for your love. I'm sick of your love, but I don't want to be healed. Why? Because I love how you make me suffer for your love." By that time, she couldn't stand any more.

She leaned on me, and started crying out loud. Her tears soaked my shirt. I didn't care about the fact that we were standing behind someone's house. I didn't care if people were passing by. All I cared about was the fact that I was pouring my heart out to her. She also didn't care. She asked me why I was telling her all these now. I replied that her love had turned into an unquenchable fire and it was burning inside of me. I added that I needed her love, attention and time to quench the fire. "I want you to be my love, my darling and my best friend. I want you to be mine. I want to share my joy, happiness and sadness with you. Will you be my lover girl? I added.

" Yes, yes yes, I will KD," Lucy said. I  never knew it was going to be that easy. I thought she was going to prolong matters. I thought she would ask for more time to think about it. I thought she would tell me she wasn't ready to date me. I thought she would get angry, slap me and walk away. She did none of those. She agreed to be nobody's darling but mine. I was thrilled. I was thankful. I was ermmmmmmm, I can't even remember the word. While I was "celebrating" my victory, I asked her for a kiss. I had seen people kiss but that was the first time I was going to experience one. She told me to kiss her fast, because someone might appear from nowhere and spoil the fun. Just when I was about to experience my first ever kiss, someone appeared.

#to_be_continued


No comments:

Post a Comment