Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 17 November 2015

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 17


"When you are eating with the devil, you must use a long spoon." How could I leave my meat in the care of a hungry cat? How could I send EK to Lucy's house, while we were all competing for Lucy's heart? It is true Lucy had agreed to be my one and only lady, but after what happened last night, I don't know if she would still stick to that decision. I finished eating my breakfast with EK, and we decided to chat for a while. We talked about so many things except our plan to take revenge on JK. I was beginning to lose interest in it.

After EK had left me, Lucy's thoughts sneaked into my head again. I felt alone. I felt disturbed. I felt confused. How could this happen to me? Any time I thought everything was moving on smoothly, then something from nowhere comes to steal my joy. Lucy had agreed to my proposal, but I felt something was wrong. I sensed danger ahead. How could something so right feel so wrong? I decided to go to Lucy's house to check if she was there.

I closed the doors, put the keys in my pocket and stepped out. It wasn't such an easy thing going to Lucy's house again. After I had been chased by that wild dog in the house, I was so scared to go and face it for the second time. I said a silent prayer in my head when I got to their main gate. There wasn't any "Beware of dogs" post on the gate. How could these people be that careless. At least they should have hanged a post there to warn any stranger trying to enter the house but there was nothing like that. I banged at their giant iron gate in anticipation that someone would hear it and answer the call. "Who's that?" a man asked me from inside. The voice sounded like that man who gave me the sound beating the previous day.

Should I answer him? Should I keep mute? Should I run away? Should I stay? "The surface of the water is beautiful, but it is not good to sleep on," that's what our wise folks say. I decided to go back home and save myself from another trouble. After I had taken few steps from the gate, I heard the gate opened. I turned to look and surprisingly, it was Lucy's mum. She invited me in. I didn't know what else to do than to obey. I followed her closely, while my eyes kept looking at every direction for the wild dog and that man.

Lucy's mum ushered me to a big hall. She showed me a seat to sit on and brought me a very chilled drink. She told me to enjoy the drink, and went out after that. I was left in the big hall alone. I didn't know what was going to happen to me. Could Lucy be in the house? Was she going to call Lucy? She came back later, after I had finished with my drink. She apologized for keeping me waiting. I wasn't bothered much because I was enjoying my favorite movie on the plasma TV in the hall. She told me there was something she wanted to discuss with me, but she wanted to make sure there was no one in the house. What could be the matter? Was it about the whereabout of Lucy? I got so tensed. 
#to_be_continued


No comments:

Post a Comment