Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 November 2015

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD PART 25


I was so shocked to hear that from her. It sounded like cutting a boil in between a woman's thighs in the absence of her husband. How could I kiss her in school, not to talk of behind a toilet? I told her I wouldn't do it. She got upset. She started to walk away. I couldn't just watch her leave with all the information in her head. I held her hand. I pulled her towards me. I... I...I... wanted to kiss her but I stopped. I stopped because it was inappropriate. How could I be kissing a girl behind a toilet? How could I fall for such a stupid act? I told her to meet me in the evening so that we could kiss and talk. "Meet you where? I don't have much time please. I don't think I can meet you in the evening. What will I tell my parents? That they should give me permission to go and kiss my classmate?" she asked me. Her question sounded funny but I ignored it and gave her the place and time of our meeting. She assured me that she would be there. We went our separate ways after the agreement.

I knew she was trying to lure me into another problem. I had enough problems to deal with already, but she was trying to compound them for me. When I got back to my classroom, my friends had left. I picked up my bag and headed home. I started thinking about all the problems I had brought upon myself. "All because of a girl, Lucy, look at how I'm suffering. Is she even worth all these problems? Is it love or lust or infatuation that has stacked Lucy's thoughts in my mind that I can't think of anyone else? How do I get myself out of this dirty game I have put myself into without getting my reputation tainted. Is it even possible that I don't have any knowledge about love? Is it even possible that I have been wasting my precious time chasing a girl who cannot be mine?, I asked myself these questions but sadly, the questions remained unanswered.

I got home so exhausted. I put my bag down, went to take a shower and came back to eat my food. After eating, I went straight to bed to rest for the evening meeting with the girl. I laid on my bed quietly trying to woo myself to sleep. I remembered about the promise. The promise I made to Lucy's mum. The promise to find out the guy Lucy was dating. I promised to go to her house on Sunday but I didn't go. That must be very disappointing for Lucy's mum. Should I go to her house after resting, instead of going to meet my 'CID' mate? I fell asleep.

I woke up at 9:35pm. I had planned to meet the girl at 8:00pm but I was 1hour 30mins late. I couldn't believe I was able to sleep for that long. Could she be there still waiting for me? I really needed to go and check. I got up from bed, dressed up and went to the living room. My mum had locked the door. She was in her bedroom. I was praying she should be asleep because if she wasn't, I wouldn't get the chance to go out. I searched everywhere for the keys, but I couldn't find them. I returned to my bedroom with disappointment. I had no choice then than to sleep.

I woke up the following day a bit late. I prepared very fast and went to school. I was the senior on duty so I had to be there early to supervise the juniors. The first person I met at the gate was my 'CID'  mate. I knew she had been waiting for me at the gate. As soon as she saw me, she frowned her face. I knew I was in for trouble. I also frowned. When I got to where she was standing, I passed by her without saying anything.
"Eh KD, didn't you see me? " she asked
" Do I have a business with you? " I replied her with a question.
" Maybe you don't have a business with me, but you have one with a woman. She has been here for the past 30mins waiting for you," she replied.  A woman? Who could she be?
#to_be_continued

No comments:

Post a Comment