Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 November 2015

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 16


I thought I would wake up on a hospital bed, but nothing of that sort happened. I woke up and found myself at the same spot. The same spot that I was given the sound beating. I looked at my fake casio watch, and the time was a minute past nine. I knew by then that my mum had been combing the whole area for me. The whole area was silent. Everyone was inside their homes except a couple of people roaming about. I got up from the floor, and started walking home in pain. I didn't want anyone to see me walking in any funny way so I pretended everything was okay with me.

I finally reached my house. There was light in the living room. I knew definitely that my mum was widely awake, waiting to give me some lashes at my back before she finally kisses me goodbye. My heart started beating faster. I looked through the window and saw that she was lying in the sofa. She had placed a cane on the table beside her. I knew there was no way I could escape her caning, but the fact that I had received sound beating from that unknown man already, made me more afraid. I opened the door quietly, and entered nichodemously without her seeing me. I sneaked into my room and changed into my pajamas. It was when I came back to the living room that I realized my mum was fast asleep and in fact snoring. I locked the door, hid the cane and woke her up to go to bed. I also went to bed happily without any punishment.

The next day was Saturday. I woke up very late that day. I guess what I went through that Friday night made me tired. I thought my mum would ask me where I went the other night, but she didn't. When I came out of the bedroom, she was already dressed up and leaving for a funeral. She left some money behind and went out. I had the whole house for myself now. I took my bath and prepared myself a delicious breakfast. I started enjoying the food. I stopped midway. I remembered something. What happened to me the previous night started flowing in my head. It was as if I was watching a movie.

While I was sitting there thinking about how the good, the bad and the ugly sides of what I went through, I heard someone knocking at the door. Could it be Lucy? Oh, that poor girl. Where did those guys take her? Is she safe? The more those questions flowed through my head, the more petrified I became. The person kept knocking. I got up and went to the door. It was EK. I ushered him in and invited him to join me to eat. He readily did. I could see from his face that he was starving.

While we were eating, we were conversing. I wanted to tell him what happened to me the previous day. I wanted him to also go and check whether Lucy was in the house or not. How do I convince EK to go to Lucy's house to check if she was there. EK was also  very much interested in Lucy, so what if I send him there and he goes there to spoil my plans? I was now caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. The girl I love with all my life had been taken away by two unknown men. I don't know whether they are kidnappers. I wanted to know her whereabouts but the one person who could help me to go and check if she was there, was also interested in the girl. How do I go about this situation?

#to_be_continued


No comments:

Post a Comment