Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 November 2015

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 6


That night, I couldn't sleep. That night, I stayed awake. I couldn't imagine JK would go this far. But, he has bitten more than he can chew. I will make him suffer. I'll make him cry. I'll make him beg for his life. He has crossed the line, and I'll teach him a bitter lesson.
JK has thrown a stone at me, but I'll throw a flower back to him, and I'll remember to throw the flower pot with it.
I was angry. Very angry. I was boiling. The anger affected me. I became weak. My body temperature rose. Things were getting out of hand. I was shivering. I had to call my mum. I gathered all the strength in me, and screamed my mum's name. After that, I didn't see anything again. I couldn't feel what was going on around me. I had fainted.
I woke up on a hospital bed. That was the first time of being admitted at the hospital. I was alone in a large room. The hospital beds had all been neatly dressed with a white bedsheet. I was still weak. I saw a nurse enter the room. She was definitely coming to me, I thought. I guessed right. She came to my bed and asked how I was doing. I replied I was doing awesome. She liked my response. She smiled at me. Her smile was so touching that, it nearly lifted me off the bed. She told me to take my medicine and rest. She added that my mum had gone home to prepare food for me. "Oh, and one more thing, you will get a partner soon. So prepare for her." she added and left.
A partner? And a "she"? What is wrong with this hospital? Don't they have wards for males and females? Why should they put us all here as if they don't have respect for our privacy? While I was criticizing, castigating and cursing them in my head, she entered. She wasn't alone. She came with the nurse, and her mom. She couldn't walk properly. Her mum and the nurse gave her support. I laid on my bed, and watched them as they struggle to get her on the bed. She was exhausted. There was quite a distance between us. I didn't see her face well, but she looked very familiar to me. I only wished it wasn't the person I thought it would be.

Her mum came to my bed, and asked how I was doing. She told me her daughter had been transferred from the intensive care unit to my ward. I asked what was wrong with her daughter. She told me she attempted to kill herself the night before. I was shocked and asked why. "My son, hmmm, it's a long story. She returned from school yesterday and she looked worried. She couldn't eat the food I cooked for her. She cried a lot. I asked what was the matter, and she confessed that she conspired with a male friend to spread falsehood against their mate. She added that now because of her, their mate could be expelled. She can't stand the guilt so decided to end everything," she told me. I asked the name of this girl, and she told me "Lucy."
#to_be_continued


No comments:

Post a Comment