Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 November 2015

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 5


Lucy was about to tell me something but because JK came there she couldn't. She took her bag from the classroom and went away with JK. While they were going, I saw the two love birds chatting and giggling. Once in a while, JK would turn and look at me. I just stood there, and watched them as they disappeared. I hanged my bag on my shoulders, and started walking. I could still feel the pain. The more I walked, the more I felt the pain. I managed to reach home. My mum had been waiting for me. She had heard about the canes I received from our headmaster. It was then that I realized how fast information could fly.

She wanted to know my side of the story. I told her my side of the story. I "spiced" my story a little bit. I wanted to win her sympathy. So I didn't add the part that the headmaster caught the two of us in the classroom. I didn't add that I wanted to tell my dream girl, Lucy, that I was falling for her. I replaced that part. I told her that the headmaster came to call us after school, and gave us a work to do. He gave me 10 bad lashes. Oh yeah, I needed to multiply what I actually got by two. She didn't say anything. She just looked at me. I knew she knew I was lying. I didn't know how she found out. She asked me to go inside and change so that I can come and eat. I was in my room changing my clothes when I heard my mum calling me that one of my mates had come to see me. Who could this be?

I changed quickly and went out to see who it was. It was Frank, the new guy. He looked worried. He looked disturbed. He looked disappointed too. We went to stand under a tree behind our house to talk. I asked what his mission was. He told me he has heard a bad news about me. He didn't believe that's why he was there to verify. I asked what the bad news was and I really received a shocking news. He told me that boy, that ugly boy, JK, was spreading a false information. The news was that, I was about to be suspended. My crime? The headmaster caught me kissing Lucy.

I almost fainted. JK! How could he be spreading such falsehood about me? I knew he didn't like me, but never in my wildest imagination did I think that he could go this far? I could imagine the number of students he had told them such palpable lies. I managed to convince Frank, that I never did such a thing. He believed me and left. I went inside to eat. Right after I had finished eating, MA and EK also came.

They also looked worried. They looked disturbed. The didn't know who to believe again. Again, I explained to them what actually happened. EK proposed that we took a revenge on JK and perhaps Lucy. MA thought it was a good idea but we should leave out Lucy and deal with JK because he was the one spreading the falsehood about me. I couldn't have agreed with him more. I told them that we should focus on JK, because he was our target. He was a thorn in our flesh. We decided to meet the following day after school and plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment