Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 August 2022

Be My Baby, Not My Maybe Part 1

Back in JHS, I fell head over heels for a girl. I was the shy type. Very shy. So shy. Extremely shy. The love I had for her kept burning in my heart, but I didn't dare to tell her. I thought: damn, she's too pretty for me. She belongs to any other boy, but me. How could a boy like me get a girl like her?
Any day, any time, any minute I'll see her, my heart will tell me to go and talk to her. Then my mind will quiz, "What are you gonna tell her? Boy, don't go and disgrace yourself before her." After entertaining these thoughts in my head, I would gently coil back into my shell, and continue admiring her from afar.
I even remember sometimes I could just stand afar and watch her chat with her girlfriends. I would strain my ears to try and eavesdrop. Anytime I see a boy talking to her, that boy automatically becomes my enemy. "Why would you talk to my girl? Why would you come near my queen? The next time I see you near her, you're dead already", I would mutter these words to myself.
This went on for days, weeks, and a month. One day, I wasn't so lucky. As she sat down amid her friends chatting heartily, I decided to go and sit at my favorite spot and watch her from afar. As I was watching her, I saw one of her friends pointing at me. The girls got up from their seats and started walking toward me. Immediately, I started sweating profusely. If I couldn't talk to one girl, how would I be able to handle four more girls?
I prayed for divine intervention. I wished for a miracle. I hoped against hope that a savior would appear from the heavens to snatch me away from this embarrassment that was about to choke me to death. " Why have you been stalking us? You follow us everywhere we go. Who gave you this work to watch over us?" One of the girls asked me. I sat there shaking. I watched their pretty faces begging for answers from me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment