Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 August 2022

Be My Baby, Not My Maybe Part 3

Just when I was closing my backpack, I saw another note. This time, it was longer than the first one. I knew the handwriting wasn't mine. I compared the handwriting to the one I found earlier, and I concluded that it was from the same person. This one read, "From the very moment I asked for a pen from you, and you happily gave it to me, I began to develop some feelings for you. Please, can we be friends? Can we be even more than friends? I wanna know how loving you will be. I want us to be so close. Our hearts intertwined. Our steps close. Our minds are in synch. Please, don't say no. Please accept my proposal because you're always on my mind, and any time or day I don't see you, I can't do anything".
After reading this long love note, I became a bit uneasy. All this while I thought I was stalking someone, not knowing I was also being stalked. Now, I had one mission; to look for this girl who was madly in love with me. I hoped she would be as pretty as my crush. Wait a minute, the girl said in the note I had given her a pen. Who could this girl be?  When did I give someone a pen? A deluge of questions started gushing into my already confused mind. I prayed for answers, but none came. 
" Well, maybe this could be a clear case of mistaken identity because I don't remember lending a pen to any girl. Besides, which girl would find me so attractive to go to the extent of pouring out her heart onto a piece of paper to announce her undying love for me?" I soliloquized. 
I stepped out of the class, with my backpack hanging loosely at my back. As soon as I got to the entrance of the school, I heard a soft sweet mellifluous voice calling my name. I turned to look, but surprisingly, there was no one there. I stood there for some seconds, combing through all directions with my eyes in anticipation that I could find the one who called me. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the person. Sadly, I went home that day with my head full of unanswered questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment