Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 August 2022

Be My Baby, Not My Maybe Part. 4

The next day, I went to school with a positive attitude. I was in high spirits because I knew someone somewhere somehow has fallen in love with me. Oh, how beautiful it is to love, but more beautiful and comforting it is to know that someone loves you. But, there was one difficult decision to be made. Should I still pursue my crush, who was always sandwiched between her friends, or channel my energy into finding this mystery girl who was in love with me?

Our elders say, "If you run after two hares you will catch neither." A decision had to be made. I decided to stop chasing, stalking, and staring at the girl I stood a little chance of winning her heart, and start looking for this secret lover who had professed her endless love for me. Now, the Herculean task was how I was going to find this girl. Should I wait until she comes slithering into my arms or I should go out and search for her? 
"A fish and a bird may fall in love, but they can never build a home together." The search began. I didn't want it to be too obvious. I didn't want her to know that I was so desperate for her love. I also didn't want to tell anyone because I've learned that confiding a secret to an unworthy person is like carrying grain in a bag with a hole. So I decided to search alone. 

I started treating every girl in my class, even the not-so-attractive ones as potential lovers. I was even nicer, kinder, and lovelier now than I was before. During the first break, while I was rushing out to go and buy food, I accidentally bumped into a girl. She, unfortunately, fell to the ground. As I stretched my arm to help her get up, she pulled me, and I landed on top of her on the floor. As if it was planned, we were immediately surrounded by a good number of students. 
I wish I could tell you the embarrassment that greeted me that morning. As I lay on top of her, she wrapped her arms around me and prevented me from getting up. I took a critical look at her, and what I saw left much to be desired. She had a disproportionate figure. She had a manly voice, somber, rough, and very sonorous. The brows were very thick like the forest, with eyes looking like poachers lurking behind forest bushes.
But for the intervention of two strong boys, that girl could have ended up kissing me in front of the other students. I thanked the boys, rushed back to class, and put my head on the table. I nearly cried, because most of the students who were at the scene were laughing and some were even teasing me.
I vowed to deal with this fat bully bitterly. How dare she treat me this way before the other students? The most painful and depressing situation could even be that my secret lover might be around, watching keenly what was going on. I was not sure she might still be interested in me anymore. So, I decided to forget about the search, at least, for some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment