Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 August 2022

Be My Baby, Not My Maybe Part 2

As the four fine girls stood there waiting for the answer, I was wishing a savior could appear from the skies, and whisk me away from their pleasant painful sight. It felt awkward, to be before these fine girls and not be able to pour out my heart to the girl I was crushing on. I had to think of something. An alibi. Something convincing. But then, my mind had also deserted me. I stood there with a widely opened mouth with no words coming out of it.
The girls, I guess, got tired of waiting for an answer. They pitied me and left. One of them, the tallest, gave me a soft warning, and "begged" me to not stalk or stare at them. With a well-rehearsed step, they turned and walked away from me. 
It was after they had gone that I realized I had held my breath all the time. I started panting for breath. "Oops, ain't no small boy business looking for love," I silently whispered to myself. 
Now, it was time to get over this girl. I almost killed myself because of a crush I had on a girl. The last time I checked, I was in school to get good grades, and not to stalk gorgeous girls who were beyond my reach. I had to let go of the feeling I was having for the girl, and let my books be my partners. After all, our teachers have been telling us to get married to our books, so that we could give birth to success. 
When school was over for the day, I was packing my books into my backpack when I saw a piece of paper with a note written on it, under my pile of books. It was boldly written, FAINT HEART NEVER WON A FAIR LADY. Who wrote that? Why did the person write that? When did the person write that? Could it be that someone was also stalking me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment