Powered By Blogger

Saturday 27 August 2022

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 26

 


I didn't believe she was telling me the truth. Who could come to school as early as 7 am to look for me? I went to put my bag down and went out to supervise the juniors. While I was supervising them, she came there again. She wanted to know why I refused to meet her as promised. "It was not intentional. I had wanted to come, but my mum locked the door and hid the keys, that's why I couldn't come. Can we make it this evening please?" I said. "Oh, I never knew you were mummy's boy. Anyway, I won't give you any more time. I don't want to listen to another my-mum-did-this-and-that-excuse. You have up to closing time. And, oh, this time, I'm very serious. If you don't kiss me, I'll walk straight to the headmaster's office and tell him everything," she said it angrily and walked away.

I stood there speechless and shocked. I had taken her for granted, but I could see from her eyes that she was very serious. I saw Frank approaching. I thought that was a very good opportunity to tell him what the girl was trying to put me into. I told him everything that happened the previous day and what happened that very morning. He told me to calm down and not be worried. He proposed that we met during the first break to think about what we could do. "After all, it is just a kiss that she wants, so you won't lose anything...Hahahhahaha," he teased me and walked away.

Classes began and our teacher entered the classroom. Because of the assurance I had been given by Frank, I felt a bit okay. We started learning, but the girl was not giving me a peace of mind. She was doing everything to get my attention. She wrote something on a piece of paper and passed it to me. I opened it, and I was shocked to read what she had written on it. It read, "Remember, you have up to closing time. Make sure you give me a deep kiss too. I can't wait for your kiss. With such pink lip, I know it will taste really good." I couldn't concentrate again. She kept sending me the note and demanded that I replied her, but I refused.

I was very pissed. I was so furious. I wanted to punch her on the face. I wanted to beat her up right there and then. I even wanted to report her to the teacher but I thought that would be a very bad idea. I wouldn't know how the teacher would handle the case, so I stopped. The first break took forever. It seemed the time had stopped. When it finally came, I called my partners in crime for a meeting. When I told them about the torture the girl was putting me through, they made fun of me. MA and EK jokingly said that now that I have found myself a girl, the two of them would compete for Lucy. We laughed it off, and tried to find a way to deal with our 'CID' mate.

When we got back to class, the senior boys' prefect came to call me that the headmaster wanted to see me. "Oh not again. What could be the matter? Has the girl gone to tell him something? But she gave me up to closing time, so why would she do that?" I asked myself these questions as I followed the boys' prefect to the headmaster's office. When we got to his office, the boys' prefect left. "Lucy's mum was here this morning. She wanted to meet you, but you weren't in school by then, I guess. She left an envelope with me to be given to you. I don't know what it contains, but I'm very sure it's not a bomb," he teased me and gave it to me. I thanked him and went out of his office. I really wanted to know what it contained but I thought school was definitely not the right place to open the envelope.

#to_be_continued

No comments:

Post a Comment