Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 August 2022

Be My Baby, Not My Maybe Part 5

"How can I go on living, while you've robbed me of my life? How can I breathe, while you've taken my breath away? Your love has pinned me down, conquered me, and made me motionless. Love me back or set me free." This was the note I saw under my desk the next day I went to school. Now, my secret lover was becoming suicidal. When did not getting someone to love you become a crime?

I didn't want to believe the numerous notes I was getting were coming from that fat bully who nearly raped me in front of the whole school. The more I thought of it, the more I was convinced that it was her. I didn't want her to take her life because of me. I couldn't imagine the guilt I would carry throughout my life if that should happen.
I approached her and spoke to her gently that I wanted us to talk after closing. She hurriedly agreed to the arrangement. I had planned to tell her that if she continued writing those threatening love messages to me, I would be left with no option but to report her conduct to the school authorities. 
After school, I went to sit on the"lovers bench" waiting patiently for her to come so I gave her a piece of my mind. I waited and waited until I could hear no one talking in the school. I knew she was not coming so I got up, hung my backpack on my back, and left campus. On my way home, I saw this fat bully exchanging words with other girls. I got closer to them, to go and satisfy my curiosity. As I stood there watching them, someone tapped me on my back and said, "oh so you don't want your pen anymore? I've been waiting for you to come for it, but it seems you don't want it." I turned to look at this girl, and oh my world, what I saw made me speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment