Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 March 2021

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 12


"When a man loses his prestige, he does not regain it by going to where he is not known. " I decided to right my wrongs. I would have to regain my reputation. I knew she would be going for choir practice that evening. I thought that would be a great opportunity to meet her again and beg for her forgiveness. I was so tensed that I couldn't control myself. I found a pile of blocks beside a house and went to take a rest there. By that time, ECG had taken their light.

As I sat there thinking about all the techniques and tricks that I can use to win her back, I saw that boy. That ugly boy. JK. I knew he attended the same church with Lucy but I didn't know he was also a chorister. If JK could sing with that irritating voice, then may God forgive me because I have been wasting my talent. He was heading towards the direction of Lucy's house. I felt uncomfortable. I felt uneasy calm swimming through my veins. I wanted to confront him, but I felt powerless.

He got to the main gate, entered, and a few minutes later returned with her. They were walking in a compromising posture. They talked. They laughed. They hugged and almost kissed. What prevented them from kissing was my cough. I intentionally did that. I didn't want them to go that far. Hugging was normal, but kissing? I couldn't stand that. I approached them. I wanted to teach JK a bitter lesson. I can't stand there and watch while JK put me through hell. Just when I was about to pounce on JK, I saw something that made me stop.

I saw that the girl wasn't Lucy. It was someone else. I couldn't believe I was wasting my energy on a strange girl. I couldn't believe JK had been cheating on Lucy. I had caught them red-handed. Right in front of Lucy's house. Lucy must hear this. JK saw me but said nothing. The girl saw me but wanted to ask me something. JK dragged her away. I'm very sure she saw me either entering or going out of the house. I didn't waste any more time. I started walking towards the gate of Lucy's house to reveal to him the real personality of JK. I got to the gate, tried to open it, but someone opened it before I did. Who could this be?

It was her. Lucy. She was decently dressed. Ready to go for choir practice. "You again? So what you saw wasn't enough eh? You want to come and enjoy yourself more. Shame on you!" she said. When I heard those words flowing out of her mouth like a river that has lost its direction, I felt bad. I felt stupid. I felt humiliated. "How could she be this mean to me. Upon all I have been through, just listen to the insults she's adding to my injuries?" I said it quietly to myself. Enough is enough. I turned to go home to "nurse my wounds" but she held my shirt. She pushed me towards her. She hugged me.

The hug was so tight. It was tighter than the one she gave me at the hospital. I was shocked. Was I in love with some kind of a psycho? How could she push me away this minute and the next minute, she's pampering me in her arms. I didn't want to fall for her tricks. I told her to stop what she was doing. I wanted to tell her what I saw between JK and the girl. I didn't know how she was going to take it. Would she be angry? Would she be disappointed? Would she be shocked? Should I tell her or just keep mute?


No comments:

Post a Comment