Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 March 2021

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 3


I quickly hid the letter in my pocket. I opened the toilet gate. Guess who was there? The new guy.
"What are you doing here, " I asked him." I'm here to do exactly what you came here to do, " he replied me. Exactly what I came here to do? Does he have any idea what I was doing in there? Is he aware I've been keeping a love letter from a secret lover which was meant for him? Was it the right time to spill the bean? Should I wait for him to finish so that I can give him his letter? I was more confused now.

I decided to wait for him. I wanted to tell him everything. I stood outside waiting for him. I saw my dream girl approaching. I saw that as an opportunity to book an appointment with her. I knew she would vehemently reject it, just as she always did, but there was no harm in trying. I called her politely. I knew she "had been called by nature" so I decided to make it brief. Miraculously, she agreed to meet me after school.

Right after I had finished booking my appointment with her, the new guy appeared. "Are you still here?" he asked me. "Yeah, I was waiting for you."  He was pleased to hear me say that. On our way to the classroom, he asked me what I was doing with Lucy. I explained to him that it wasn't anything important. He wanted to probe more, but I gave him that, shut-the-hell-up look, so he kept mute. I thought I had to give him the letter. I was so afraid of how he was going to react. How would I explain myself? Should I keep it and find out what this anonymous lover will write next. My hand was in my pocket, ready to fish for the letter.

I brought out the letter and handed it over to him. "Ei, another letter for me? I have received three already, just today,"  he said. I was shocked to hear him say that. So it wasn't a big deal after all. I asked him what all the previous letters were about. He told me the letters were from an anonymous lover. In fact, Lovers, but he wasn't ready for such stuff. "Crazy boy,"  I said that quietly to myself. We entered the classroom. A few minutes later, the school was over.

My next target now was to meet my dream girl. There was one challenge. My paddies. How do I tell them to go home and leave me behind? It became a headache for me. We were so close that none of us was seen without the other. I gathered courage and told them to take the lead, and I'll join them later. They found it strange, but who dares question the leader? They obliged. Everything seemed to be working for me. I also overheard Lucy telling JK to take the lead. Wow, what a moment. I had dreamt about this many times, and finally, the time is up. All the students left, except the two of us. I was alone in the classroom with Lucy. I was so tensed. I didn't know how to begin. I couldn't look her in the face. She was also looking away. She asked me why I asked her to meet me. I opened my mouth but no sound came out.

I stood there gazing at her. She was growing impatient now. She told me not to waste her time if I had nothing to tell her. I finally spoke. I begged her to give me just five minutes so that I can tell her why I arranged for the meeting. Just when I was about to start, our headmaster entered our classroom. He asked what we were still doing in the classroom. I explained that I was teaching her a Maths topic she was finding difficult to understand. The headmaster stood there for some minutes and went out. A few seconds later, he came back and called me.


No comments:

Post a Comment