Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 March 2021

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART11


"You will never know whether your friend is a snake or a snake is your friend until one of them bites you." I didn't know whose room I was hiding until the owner entered the room. I didn't want to stand there for the person to see me. As soon as I heard the gate opening, I went and hid behind a giant old refrigerator in the room. I did that spontaneously without thinking. The person entered. A female. A girl. Lucy. She wrapped herself with a towel. I'm very sure she was coming from the bathhouse.

I was a bit safe now. I was still behind the refrigerator watching Lucy. She started dancing to the song being played. I watched her as she danced. She danced so well. How long will I hide? What if she finds out? What if her mum joins her in the room? I started sweating. The room was hot. I didn't know what happened, but I unexpectedly sneezed. Pandemonium broke out. She was so terrified that she screamed. I also screamed. I came out from my hiding place. When she saw me, she screamed the more. Her towel dropped to the floor and she stood there naked.

She stopped screaming when someone started banging at the door. Who could this be? It was a male. He tried to open the gate and come in but luckily for me, Lucy had locked the gate. He asked what the matter was. Lucy still stood there naked and speechless. She was shocked to the core. She stood there shaking. I stole a glance at her dangling breast. I couldn't enjoy the view because I was so tensed and frightened. The person kept banging the gate and asking her what the matter was. I begged her not to mention anything about me.

She finally spoke. She told him it was nothing. But this man wouldn't move an inch until she told him what made her scream so loud. She lied that she saw a big mouse on her bed, and that made her scream. That got the man so furious that he went away insulting Lucy. By that time, Lucy had wrapped herself again with her towel, but I could see that she was still in a state of shock. "What are you doing here? Why are you here? How did you get in here?" she asked me these questions and demanded answers from me. I told her to calm down, which she gladly did. I explained what happened to her.

I thought she would pity me. I thought she would comfort me. I thought she would kiss me. I thought she would hug me. I got none of these. She asked me to get out of her room. She pushed me out of her room. She was so annoyed. She didn't care about their dog who was lying in wait to devour me. She didn't care about the man who had come to bang at her gate. All she cared about that moment was herself. She got so pissed that I had seen her nakedness. She drove me out.

I entered her room with courage but came out with shame. My mind had been captured with shame so much so that I didn't even have a space to entertain fear. I didn't give a hoot about the wild dog. I didn't care about the man seeing me. I walked out slowly to the gate, opened it, and went out. I knew by then that my chances of winning Lucy's heart were very slim now.
#to_be_continued


No comments:

Post a Comment