Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 March 2021

THE GIRL I NEVER HAD, PART 10


"You can't run and scratch your buttocks at the same time", that's what our wise folks say. I was faced with two difficult tasks. One was getting JK punished and the other one was winning the heart of Lucy. They both seemed easy tasks but actually, they were very difficult. I needed to plan with my guys. It was too big a burden for just one person to carry. I called for a meeting on Friday after school. We met. We planned. We decided to start with the revenge on JK, and after that, the three of us excluding Frank, will "fight" for the heart of Lucy. Whoever succeeds, takes her.

That Friday evening I decided to go and visit Lucy at her house. I had not seen her after we separated at the hospital. I wanted to make an impression. I wanted to win her heart, mind, and maybe the whole body. I took my bath. I brushed my teeth. I dressed very well. I didn't forget to steal my mum's perfume. I stepped out and set off. We lived in the same area so I didn't need any transport fare.

I got to her house. I opened the main gate and entered. I have never entered her house. She only gave me the direction to her house. I couldn't see anyone around. I heard music playing in one of the rooms. I decided to go there and knock. I went there and started knocking. I heard a dog barking. I turned to look at it, but unfortunately, it was running towards me.  My heart started beating faster. The dog was wild. I knew that it wouldn't spare my life. I had two options; face the wild dog and fight it, or run for my dear life. But run to where?

I kept on knocking. Very faster now. Still no answer. Just when the dog was about to pounce on me, I opened the gate and entered the room. I didn't care whose room it was. I didn't care who or what I was going to meet in the room. All I wanted was to escape that wild dog. I had done that courageously. The dog was still outside barking. I was safely inside someone's room. There was no one in the room. The dog waited for some time and went back. Just when I made up my mind to open the gate and go out, the gate opened. Who opened the gate?
#to_be_continued


No comments:

Post a Comment