Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 April 2020

Not This Time, Love Pt 3

Before Lucy's mum left my room, she gave me an envelope. She told me to keep it on me and use it when I go to school. I thanked him profusely because I knew definitely that what was in the envelope was a lot of money. When she left me in the room and I was finally alone, I opened the envelope carefully, and I couldn't believe what I saw. All that while I knew that a lot of money was in the envelope, but I never imagined it was that much. Gh₵1000? Wow, I couldn't believe it. I had to count and recount the money several times before I accepted the fact that that was the amount of money she had given me. I spread the money on my bed as if it was my bedsheet, and slept on it. I couldn't lie still. I rolled from one end of the bed to the other. It was then I realized that money is sweet. While I was practically swimming in the pool of money on my bed, my mum entered the room.
She didn't look surprised or shocked. She just ordered me to arrange the money and put them back in the envelope. I did exactly that. Just when I was about to put the envelope in my school bag, she told me to hand over the envelope to her. Wait a minute! That was my money. It was given to me by Lucy's mum. Why should my mum take it away from me? She thought I could not keep that amount of money on me? Well, I didn't have any other choice than to hand over the money to her. When she finally got hold of the money, she took Gh₵50 out of the envelope and gave it to me. "Take this, and take good care of it. You will not get any money from me until you have vacated. If you lose it, you have lost the money meant for the whole term. I'll keep the rest of the money for you," she told me that and left my room right away. My head was pregnant with unanswered questions, but my mum wasn't ready for my "unnecessary" questions so she went out.
I didn't agree with her plans, but I had not much to say because she was my mum and I was depending on her for everything. I sat on my bed, and I started to imagine how secondary school life was going to be like. I have heard a lot about how the seniors molest and maltreat the juniors. I have also heard the extent some boys go to win the hearts of girls. It's true I had promised myself never to fall in love with any girl apart from Lucy, but I was wondering if I would be able to keep this promise, especially after Lucy's mum told me there would be beautiful girls in the school, and I would get the opportunity to make friends with some of them. The more I thought about how campus life was going to be, the more I became tensed and confused.
I fell on my bed, and in no time, I was asleep. About one hour into my sleep, my mum came into my room and woke me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment