Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 August 2015

I CHASED LOVE BUT FOUND SOMETHING ELSE. PT 2

"Once bitten, twice shy", that's what they say. I had made a mistake of being fooled by a girl once. And the consequence? It nearly resulted in my death.
So since that time, I resolved to "always use a long spoon, any time I was eating with the devil." I will not trust any girl again....well except maybe the one I'll marry, which of course, I'm still searching.
Well, enough of the vague talks. Let's get back to business.
You remember the "angel" I promised to tell you more about? Oh, you don't?  The one who saved my ass from the brutalities? Ahaaa, you now remember her? That's great!
Can you imagine that since that night, I haven't set my eyes on her again? I'm sure you are wondering whether she's a ghost or something. Errrrrrmmmm....I can't say that for a fact. Well, she gave me her phone number, and we have been talking and chating since.
Yes, she is beautiful, kind-hearted and an epitome of fashionable elegance, but I didn't want us to get so intimate.  I was still treading cautiously. I didn't want to be "fooled" by her good qualities, and fall for her too.
There's this Nigerian proverb that I love so well, "if you wake up one morning and your cock begins to chase you, you must run because you may never know if it has grown teeth overnight." Funny huh?
But I'll not simply drive away a good girl, just because some girl somewhere somehow broke my heart and stole my dignity. I have to give this girl a chance. After all, no two persons are the same, not even siamese twins.
I started a long chat with her over the phone. The details? I can't disclose all. The long and short of it is that I wanted to see her, preferrably in her house. My mission there? Well to thank her personally. Her answer? Quite simple. She was thinking about it, and if I'm lucky, I will get her answer early in the morning.
Wow! What a girl! I kept praying and the same time rehearsing what I was going to tell her. I was so much drunk in this thought to the extend that I couldn't sleep throughout the night.
Early in the next morning, I received a message from my "angel." In fact, her message woke me up. Eh, but I thought I said I couldn't sleep throughout the night? Oh, I did, but for a short while.
I couldn't even wait for another second to read her message. This is how she put her message, " at 11am, there will be no one at home." Wow, what an opportunity. I took my bath, breakfast and any other thing that needed to be taken.
By the time I finished my preparation, it was 10:30 am, so I set of. Since she gave me her house address, I didn't have much of a problem locating it. Amazingly, I got to her house at exactly 11:01am. I knocked, and knocked and knocked, but it was dead silent. No response! Ah, where could this girl be, by this time? Has she forgotten our appointment? Didn't she tell me there will be no one at home by 11am? .....wait a minute! Or the "no-one at home" included herself? OMG. What was I thinking?
Their gate was locked. Windows closed. Not even a lizard was in the house. I stood there disappointed. Eh, could this be another deception? I took my phone, and read her message, over and over again. Should I call her? Should I text her? Should I forget about her? Should I go back?
Well, something dramatic happened, but let me rest a while and read your comments, while I prepare to tell you the part 3 of my love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment